This privacy notice sets out how your personal data is managed by Offr. We take the utmost care in relation to the processing and protection of your data. We have set out below how we deal with your data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
Who are Offr?
Offr is a trading name of Offr Limited with a registered address of 45 Blackbourne Square, Rathfarnham Gate, Dublin 14, D14 WC63 and a company number of 615047.
Information that we collect about you
Offr need information from you for a number of reasons. We want to offer you a brilliant customer experience when you are on our website, collecting information from you helps us to do this. Also, in the event that it is required or requested we need to know how to get in touch with you.
Offr may collect different types of information from you like:
- Your contact name, number, address and email address
- Copies of ID (which could include your date of birth)
- PPS numbers or foreign equivalent (e.g. if you provide government documents as proof of your address)
- Online user identifiers (such as your log on details)
- IP addresses
- Information you provide to us about others, e.g. providing a proposed buyer name when you are bidding on their behalf
- Sensitive personal data. An example here is when you provide us with your passport ID or driving licence ID to enable us to comply with our anti-money laundering obligations
- Internet browser settings, log in information and location based data (which all assist us in making our website better every time you visit us)
- Debit Card, Credit Card or Bank Account details if you choose to pay a deposit via our website
Offr collect information about you in different ways and at different times.
Some examples include:
- When you set up a MyOffr account with us
- When you ask us to add you to our marketing listing
- Whenever you go to offr.io
- Whenever you give us information for other reasons such as making a complaint or when you write to us
Offr uses your information for many different reasons
- Offr uses your personal data to confirm your identity and to improve your customer experience with us
- Offr uses your data in relation to the administration of your account
- Offr may use your data to contact you by various means (such as phone or email but only in a way which is in accordance with your instructions)
- Offr may also use your data to manage our business for our legitimate interests, such as gathering location information from any electronic device you use when connecting with us
- Offr also engage in marketing activities such as direct marketing, customer surveys and similar activities
- Offr may process your information in an anonymised format for statistical or research reasons. This will help us to improve customer experiences and to provide us with operational management information
- Offr may use your data to protect the security of our business and reputation. Your data could assist with auditing and testing our website
- Offr protects your data with advanced security that meets international standards
- Offr could be involved in a merger, sale or acquisition in the future. If this occurs your personal information could be disclosed to the other relevant party. Your data would only be shared on a confidential basis and for the sole purpose of allowing the other party to carry out their due diligence
- Offr use you data to comply with certain compliance and regulatory matters. This includes the likes of regulations concerning the prevention of money laundering, fraud and terrorist financing. As a result, we may need to disclose information to government and other statutory bodies.
- Legal documents are uploaded onto the Offr website for the sole purpose of allowing interested parties to carry out due diligence in relation to properties. In general terms the legal documents relating to a property are only available on the Offr website during the marketing period and for a short period of time thereafter
- Offr does not use automated processing in relation to your personal data
Sharing of your information
Offr only shares your information with others in certain circumstances such as:
- Where you have authorised others to act on your behalf
- Where you have registered your interest in relation to a property. In this case your information may be shared with the relevant Estate Agent and the seller
- Where other companies provide support services for the legitimate business interests of Offr. Support service providers must have sufficient security measures in place to protect your personal data. Service providers used by Offr include the likes of marketing companies, debit or credit card processors, legal and other business advisers, IT providers, telecommunication providers and computer maintenance contractors
- Where we are required to disclose your personal data to statutory or regulatory bodies. Examples here include binding requests from the Courts, the Data Protection Commissioner, An Garda Síochána and the Revenue Commissioners
Third party links and social media
The Offr website may contain links to other websites. if you click on one of those links you do so at your own risk, Offr disclaim any responsibility in this instance. You should check the privacy statements on third party websites before you access their websites or submit any personal data to them. The Offr website may also have “plugins” to other websites. Offr again recommends that you are satisfied with these before you make use of them
Retention of personal data periods
- Offr generally hold onto your personal data for a period of 6 years due to regulatory and statutory requirements
- If you would like to make a request asking Offr to delete your personal data you are free to do so. Offr will comply with your request unless there is a reason why we cannot do so (such as we have a legal obligation to continue to hold onto your data or due to a legal dispute)
Failure to provide personal data to Offr
- Offr understands that generally nobody likes to share their personal data with companies. However, Offr needs certain information from you to provide services to you, for our legitimate business interests and to comply with certain legal obligations
- You are free not to share personal data with us. However, this may limit the activities you will be able to carry out when you are on the Offr website. If we cannot obtain sufficient personal data to meet our requirements you will be unable to, for example, make an offer on a property
Basis for Offr holding your information
- Necessary for a service to be carried out
- We require it for the legitimate business interests of Offr
- We require it to meet a legal obligation
- You have consented to its use
- Necessary for a legal claim
Processing personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
- Offr do not generally do this
- Our service providers may do so occasionally. If they do they must confirm that your personal data will be protected as if it was still in the EEA
Your rights under GDPR
- You can inquire if we use your information and can ask for a copy of information we hold about you. We may require proof of your identity before we can release this information to you
- You can request that information is corrected or updated if required
- You can object to certain uses of your personal data by us for legitimate business purposes
- You can object to use of your information for marketing purposes
- You can request to have your data deleted or restricted
- You have a right to data portability (your information is transferred to another provider) when this is technically possible
- You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your data
All requests will be processed in a timely manner, generally within one month. If we cannot process your request within this period we shall explain why and process it as soon as possible thereafter. There will be certain instances where we will be unable to comply with your request. For example, if you request that we delete all of your personal data but we cannot do so as we have a legal obligation to hold onto your information.
Please contact Offr if you have any queries or concerns about how we use your personal data. You can contact us using the details below. Offr will try to resolve your query as quickly as we possibly can.
Telephone: +353 (0)76 888 6888
Postal Address: 21-22 Grafton Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
If you are not happy with the response you obtain from Offr you can contact the Data Protection Commissioner. They can be contacted using the details below:
Telephone: +353 (0)761 104 800 or Lo Call Number 1890 252 231
Fax: +353 57 868 4757
Postal Address: Data Protection Commission, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, R32 AP23, Co. Laois. 12.
Privacy Notice amendments
If we make any changes to the Offr privacy notice you will be able to see them on this page.