Join a well funded property technology start up and help create some of the World’s most cutting-edge software products.
Offr is a rapidly scaling disruptive, well funded startup founded by senior industry and technology experts. We are set to transform the entire process of buying and selling property in Ireland and UK, creating
some of the world’s most cutting-edge software products, and we are seeking talented and passionate individuals to join our team and share our vision.
This is a fantastic and truly unique opportunity to engage in a positive, bold and creative work environment that offers the right individual the opportunity to get into a startup on the ground level.
We are looking for an experienced designer who has a proven record of producing quality designs that are visually stunning and also functional to encourage use to a variety of users.
The Day to Day:
- Lead and own the full design process, from understanding business requirements, to prototyping, to outputting high quality designs.
- Be able to convert design mockups into responsive html css equivalents using design tools (ie sass, gulp).
- Have experience with modern design templating languages (ie Bootstrap).
- Perform UI / UX testing and identify areas that need improvement. Look for and implement code based optimisations to increase on page speed and ensure SEO best practices
- Create and maintain visual assets such as icons, colour palettes, branding collateral, using a design language system approach.
- Optimise the application for mobile-first design, ensuring simplicity and speed.
- Build quality assurance into your workflow; verify your work with testing and ensure mobile and cross-browser compatibility.
The Essential Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years UX, UI and Design experience in a Web development environment with in-depth knowledge of user interface design principals, responsive web design, user centric design processes, accessibility and usability methodologies.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq and the like is a must.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Proficiency in HTML5 and CSS.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Advanced experience with search engine functions and optimization (SEO/SEM).
- Be passionate about and up to date on modern design practices and methodologies.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively and professionally.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
The Nice to Haves:
- Video editing skills
- Animation experience